Saturday, October 27, 2007

I'm a Sucker for Restaurant Games and Prizes

Over the past year, I only step into McDonald's if I'm up really early and use that as an excuse to grab a McGriddle (yummy). Rarely do I go in for lunch or dinner - my wife and I prefer Wendy's!

However, I always liked how McDonald's puts on its Monopoly game and prizes. I remember in high school where we would (almost) religiously go to the nearby McDonald's and order food so that we can get the playing pieces to complete a block of property on your personal Monopoly board. I've always won something... but nothing big. A Big Mac here and a small drink there - kind of how I only win coffees and doughnuts with Tim Horton's.

What was the biggest thing you have won? My sister one a year's supply worth of Hubba Bubba from YTV - but that only lasted 2 months as we wasted it and gave it away. =)

4 comments:

  1. I've won 20 bucks one time in Junior High. In those days 20 dollars seemed like a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won a junior whopper a month for a year and a CD for being the right caller into a radio station. I had to walk through the sketchy part of town to claim my prize too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've won several things over my life, but nothing really big. When I was younger I used to get into radio contests & would win a free meal, etc.

    Recently I won $20 for scrap booking, & a tupperware basket of stuff at a baby expo.

    It's fun to win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won a pair of downhill skis and poles. It was back in the day when I filled out every ballot I could get my hands on. So much so, that I didn't even remember entering this particular draw!
    I don't have those skis anymore.

    ReplyDelete