Monday, October 6, 2008

Voting Online


I like voting online. I did it and it was neat to do it in the comfort of my own home. I enjoy the fact that I can research the candidates online, know their platforms, and vote with some knowledge of their views (to tell you the truth, I didn't know anything about the School Board candidates and if I went to vote in person, I would have declined). I'm grateful, at least, to know what candidates wrote online about themselves and what they would like to do if elected into power.

I don't know about the integrity of the system in place, but I think it is the right step forward and is a way to fight against voter apathy. Technology and culture has shaped us to be bit more "lazier" by making things available online - why not engage citizens to vote my making it online?

No comments:

Post a Comment