Saturday, August 1, 2009

About two things...

As I return from 2 and a half months of work related travel, I have decided to focus writing on two things related to work: ministering to the poor and Operations focused on increasing capacity for sharing Christ.

Although this blog does not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with, I will write about what I am personally learning or struggling through. I came back from one of the more enjoyable and thought provoking conferences in a long time and I have a lot to ponder about. Forefront in my mind: Gospel Proclamation and Gospel Demonstration.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back blogging. Hope to learn about the things you're learning about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is christ not capable of sharing himself if he feels so inclined? Why should he expect you to do it if his message is so important? Roast forever or experience bliss in eternity. That's a pretty 'either or' choice. I really think he should be doing more to ensure that only homosexuals and atheists go to hell, rather than depending on the goodwill of people such as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Philip G - for some reason I did not get to read this comment until now. Sorry for not responding earlier.

    Christ is capable of sharing himself - he has done that many times in the Bible and in modern times, there are people who tell of how they are visited in dreams.

    Your comment of "I really think he should be doing more to ensure that only homosexuals and athiests go to hell" is puzzling. Jesus actually reaches out to these people in hopes that they will become His followers so that they do not go to hell. The purpose is getting them out of hell and not into it.

    Although it can be mystifying why God wants His followers to share Christ it is what He wants (Matt. 28:18-20) and I have found by following this commission rewarding and rewarding to those who hear about Jesus.

    ReplyDelete