Monday, February 6, 2006

New house = more work = enjoyment

I never thought that getting a new house meant that I would be more active - and enjoying it. It is amazing that I have new found energy to do house work. Maybe it is the thought that it is now yours and that there is value in doing work at home.

For example, while I was living in an apartment, I hardly wanted to vacuum the place partly because it will only get dirty later on and when we move out, I never have to deal with the consequences. But now, I am constantly thinking how to clean things and improve the house because the buck now stops with us (Deb and I).

So, when we had the Snow Day last Wednesday, it was no problem shoveling the driveway (even though it took two and a half hours to clear). I ordered a whole bunch of wood the other day and it has been back breaking hauling it to the shed (still some on our drive way). But, I enjoyed it - and it was a good work out. Maybe I was lazy when I didn't own the place where I lived. But now, I would like to think that I'm not that lazy...


Wood on our driveway that I have to move after our rainstorm over the weekend (Deb helped!)

Inside our shed - our wood storage area for now

6 comments:

  1. Look at you, Josh! Stacking that wood! Seems like you've discovered the pride of home ownership :) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gasp* what's that I hear? back breaking?!? Have you been using good body mechanics Mister? Remember...bend the knees, not the back!!
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am tired just looking at those pictures...but way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..and soon you'll discover the joys of mowing the lawn, raking the leaves, child-proofing the house, painting the walls, etc. I look fwd to my first visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehehehehe .. WOW Josh ... feeling like you should finally work around the house to make it all clean and tidy? :P Just joking hehe. You know what I realized? I think my room's messier than what you had it when you were still living with us. Yes, messy! I don't think I can find the floor in my room, much like how yours was :) I'm sure Deb doesn't let it get like that haha!

    Maybe I should feel like cleaning, even though I know it will get messy later ... haha!

    Tobi

    ReplyDelete