Monday, June 2, 2008

Italian Pizza Is Better Than Americanized Ones

Day Three: Rome

In a rain filled day, the Trevi Fountain was the highlight, but we really enjoyed a nice walk in the Villa Borghese despite forgetting to reserve tickets to the sold out Museo e Galleria Borghese. We really toned down our itinerary after a grueling one the day before and enjoyed taking afternoon naps at our hotel. At this point of the trip, my old Canon point and shoot started to act up and protested its constant use on the trip. After visiting the amazing Fontana di Trevi, the Canon went on strike and refused to show a picture on the LCD display and thus, didn't take any pictures.

Food highlight of the day was Rome's thin crust pizzas. You buy slices by the weight and is the most tasty pizza I ever had. Like some places in Canada, they fold the square slices over so that you can eat it like a sandwich.

The Fontana di Trevi was easily the highlight of the day for me. I love hearing the sound of moving water and, if not for the people, it would be a really relaxing time.

Where's Deborah? It was fun to see Italian children visit the site with their school. I guess it is the annual school trip with parents and teachers doting and yelling at them to keep together and pose for pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Josh, I enjoyed all of your pictures of Deb taking pictures!

    And that pizza sounds soooo delicious!

    I'm glad you guys had such a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh oh oh...I see deb!! hahaha...it's like finding Waldo! CRAZY crowds...

    ReplyDelete