Wednesday, June 4, 2008

McDonald's in Italy?? I Know...

Day Four: To Florence

After a good night's rest, we said goodbye to Rome and headed out to Florence. We had booked train tickets in Canada and they sent it to us so all we had to do was show up at the train station.

On the way, we had an interesting discussion on how I tend to get anxious when I travel to unknown destinations for the first time. My bladder seems to shrink and I have to use the washroom all the time. It's embarrassing when you travel with others who wonder what's wrong when I have to use the WC every hour (like the time in East Asia - ask me sometime). Since I was anxious, I tend to be over analytical and very cautious. So I pushed to be at the train station 1 hour before our departure time.

So since the ol' point and shoot continued on strike, I didn't' get any pictures along the way, but we once we arrived, we did eat at a fancy McDonald's. We made an agreement at the beginning of our trip not to eat at McDonald's. Who eats at McDonald's when you are in Italy? However, it was the only place with seats in the station so we folded and bought lunch there.

Unlike an airport, we found out you only need to show up at the train station 10 minutes before your slated time and then you board your train at the platform listed on the board. Ah well... at least we were not late.

Once at Florence, the camera started up again to my surprise. That evening we decided to go to Michelangelo's Plaza to look over the city of Florence and take some night shots. It was a lot of fun and very ... romantic (I'll have to blog about a man's view on romance and what is romantic some other time).

One of two replicas of David. The real one is in a museum which you have to pay to get into.
Old town Florence. Beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog entries. I enjoy looking at the pictures and your comments about Mary...very interesting.

    ReplyDelete