Thursday, September 14, 2006

Why Men Hate Going to Church

As discussed in a previous post, I'm a slow non-fiction reader. And I give it up to the fact that I have a really short attention span. I love new books ... and I am hooked by the titles and different themes, but I don't think I have the patience to read a whole book through. Thus, I get stuck in 5-6 books never to finish them and preventing my wife from reading them because she thinks I'm still "reading" them.

So, there is a new book that I picked up over the summer that caught my attention. "Why Men Hate Going to Church" by David Murrow. Now, I bought it because a lot of men have recommended the book to me. I don't know the premise, and I don't know the author. Is church too boring? Is it not adventurous enough (aka. Wild at Heart)? Is it not challenging enough? Well, I think I will start reading it and posting up what I read. I am also to start reading "He That is Spiritual" by Chafer lent to me by my friend Luke.

Too many books, not enough attention span.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. Sounds like an interesting book indeed. Please finish this one and tell me whether it's a good one or not?! I'm super curious. "Fanks" Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Anna...finish it and let us know!

    ReplyDelete