Sunday, September 24, 2006

White

OK - so since my last post, I did start "He That Is Spiritual", but it is a harder read for me (non-fiction), but a lot of the book is familiar. Perhaps that is why it is hard for me to dive right in. It is familiar because it influences another writer that I read a lot, Bill Bright. The first three chapters are entitled, "The Natural Man", "The Spiritual Man", and "The Carnal Man".

But I haven' gotten around to "Why Men Hate Going to Church" because I started two other books - "Courageous Leadership" by Bill Hybels and "White" by Ted Dekker. Now, I finished White in two days as it was just a great read. It is the third book in the Circle trilogy that Dekker has. Dekker has a uncanny way to write supernatural thrillers that parallels the truths of the Bible. I loved the Circle trilogy because it answers people's questions about spirituality, God, and the gospel without being up front preachy and obvious. But through storytelling, he tells the truth and makes great points that make you think about life and how we view Jesus. Check it out! I read all three books by loaning them through the public library.


Hybels' book, I'm halfway through it and even though it is a non-fiction book, I love the content. I'm not a big fan of his writing style, but the substance of the book is great. I look forward to finish it and post some thoughts on this blog soon.

2 comments:

  1. im reading the second book in the trilogy right now. its pretty interesting! Can't wait to get to White!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many books in so little time Josh! I don't know how you do it. i would pretty much mix the content of all those books together. you've got skills...

    ReplyDelete