Thursday, October 26, 2006

Mooseheads

This past weekend, I went out with my colleagues to catch a major junior hockey league game. The Mooseheads were playing the Fog Devils (gotta love 'em names). I was looking forward to this weekend - live hockey games are great! And the home team did not disappoint. After being all tied up in the third, #20 - Voracek puts it in past the netminder with 6.7 seconds left on the clock. Can't beat that!

What excites me is seeing these guys potentially being drafted in the NHL and tracking them through their careers. In Calgary, I just caught the NHL (i.e. the Flames) news and going ons. Here, I get to see the new up and comers. The Moose was home to a couple of current high profile NHLers - namely Alex Tanugay (Flames) and Jean-Sebastien Giguere. There are high hopes for #20 Jakub Voracek who is currently ranked #2 by the International Scouting Services for the next NHL draft.

Major Junior Hockey Highlights:
1. Seeing the future of hockey
2. $14.50 tickets
3. Kids yelling like crazy for their team. Quotable for kid behind us ... "St. John's can eat my poo"
4. Kids dressing up and dancing to get the camera on them and displayed on the jumbotron
5. Timbit hockey at intermission

3 comments:

  1. my favourite is #3... haha. good times with bathroom jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Timbit hockey!! Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. for some reason i just remembered this time on OEX where you text msged ryan and signed giraffe at the end and he had no idea who it was!! so why is it cccgiraffe?

    ReplyDelete