Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Pride and Prejudice thoughts

Work has been busy lately with a conference coming up, but to help rest during the nights, Deb and I have been watching a lot of movies. We believe in buying used or really cheap movies that we like to watch again so we went to Blockbuster.

Blockbuster is great because it has great variety, but also very cheap movies. They had a 3 for $20 sale and other sales for DVD movies. So, they had a 2 for $20 for some of the more in demand movies so we picked up U2's Vertigo concert in Chicago and Pride and Prejudice. U2 will have to wait as we watched the new P&P. I saw the old BCC version during my university years when I had to read Austen's novel for English. The movie helped a great deal with my understanding of the whole story and was very well acted and filmed.

This new one, I was a little skeptical because it was shorter and I had my doubts about Knightley. However, I found myself really enjoying the movie as I did the first one. The tale of a woman and man pursuing each other but going through honest misunderstanding and miscommunication but getting it right later on is a feel good story at the end! Deb thoroughly enjoyed it as this is her third watching it and I have to agree that it is worth watching again.

2 comments:

  1. now there's a man that's secure in his manliness. :o) to admit to watching p&p and liking it on your blog, props.

    ReplyDelete