Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Dying a slow death

Computers come and go - and mine is on the brink of dying. Yes, it is an obsolete computer (AMD 600 MHZ, 256 MB RAM, 30 GB HD for those who care) but it lasted for 4 and a half years.

First, it was the fan - it couldn't cool down properly so it would whine and sputter until it overheated and shut down. There were times of calm, but lately it has started up coughing again. Then it was the keyboard - the "f", "j", and "m" didn't work. Soon all the numbers didn't work and I had to plug in an external keyboard to use the computer. Finally, the 30 GB was just too small and since filling it up, it has taken it 10 min. to start up the computer.

Alas, I think I need a new computer. Yes, it is time.

(written on Deb's laptop because mine overheated last night and I'm afraid to turn it on)

3 comments:

  1. aww... so sad. and written with such pain and sorrow. I'll try to be good and not hog my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh... shoot. the first comment was actually left by me: deb. jwo was just logged into my laptop. or else that would be self-pity taken to an extreme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you should definetely get a mac. And they just came out with new ones - they're SO nice! ;)

    ReplyDelete