Friday, July 21, 2006

Fiction vs. non-fiction

I love fiction. My wife recently remarked how I can go through fiction like nothing while it takes me years to go through non-fiction books (I am currently stuck in the middle of approx. 5 non-fiction books). But ever since I picked up "The Lord of the Rings" when I was in junior high, I have been going through a healthy diet of fiction books!

Currently, I am going through Ted Dekker novels. Dekker's novels combine supernatural phenomena with edge-of-your-seat adventure - and doesn't come off sounding corny. The novel "Blink" was a great read and highly recommended.

Last 4 fiction books read this summer:
1. "Blink" Ted Dekker
2. "The Broker" John Grisham
3. "Black" Ted Dekker
4. "New Spring" Robert Jordan

Non-fiction books I am trying to finish this summer:
1. "Let the Nations be Glad" John Piper (started 3 years ago)
2. "Reading the Bible for All Its Worth" Stuart and Fee (started beginning of the year)
3. "Spiritual Leadership: Principles of Excellence for Every Believer" (started 2 years ago)
Another 2 or 3 books that I have started long time ago but haven't touched this summer... (sorry Brad)

5 comments:

  1. you forgot "future grace" by John Piper and "what's so amazing about grace?" by Yancey to name a couple more that you started but never finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Hmm..."let the nations be glad" is a good one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I have never known anyone that has finished "Let the Nations Be Glad"...that's because the best part is already in the first few pages. Brilliant though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh Ted Dekker!!! i want to read the 3 book series...red white and black i think. so good. and another book, three by him is also good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pri - I have "Red" right now and "Thr3e". Hopefully I'll have time to read it. The best thing is that I got them from the public library!

    ReplyDelete