Monday, July 24, 2006

On the Road Again

Tomorrow I leave to go west and to tell you the truth, I'm not that eager to go. Not that I am not looking forward to the people I'm going to visit and the events I'm going to attend (2 weddings and a conference), but I'm not eagerly waiting for the airplane rides and the driving involved.

Years before, I loved to travel and every time a trip came up (specifically, a plane trip), I would get these butterflies of anticipation in my stomach. I'm going to fly! I would treat the actual plane ride as an event to be enjoyed and savoured. I'd soak in the movies, order a can of Coke (always felt bad for asking for a can, but once I saw others do it, I felt better), and eat my fill of airplane snack mixes.

Now, I just see it as a good excuse to read another 100 pages of my current book or sleep.

1 comment: