Thursday, July 6, 2006

Camping

I love camping. Ever since I was a little boy when my family went on vacations through the mountains, I loved to live out in the open air - especially waking up to the view of the mountains. Creation is great!

I try to go camping every year and this year I had the opportunity to go backcountry camping with some friends in B.C. this summer. I have only done backcountry camping twice - once in junior high and once with friends in Calgary during my university years.

After our trip to East Asia, Deb and I (and some friends) went to Manning National Park. It is a great location with great scenery - the only catch was that it was snowing!!! Here are some pics - my wife tells me it looks like scenary from the Sound of Music (a movie I can't recall seeing).




It snowed!!

The week we came back home, we went camping again with our church. Except this time we drove in with cars and only stayed a night. It was fun, but very misty and wet. After the trip, I had upwards of 50 mosquito bites. Lesson: use Deep Woods Off (not any other ones - they don't work). I would show you a picture of my legs with all the bites, but that would be gross and I would like to keep this blog rated G. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment