Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Joy of Gardening

I think I have found a way to grieve.

One of the lessons we have learned recently is to take joy in life. After Abel passed away, Deborah's mother helped us do some gardening around the house. The previous owners did a wonderful job in planting perennials and we have had the privilege of enjoying the fruits of their labour the past couple of years. However, the gardens have needed some maintenance for some time now and we are glad that Deb's mom likes this kind of work.

In helping her with tidying up the gardens, I grew to enjoy working outside, planting new flowers, and nurturing the existing plants. The act of taking care of plants gave me a contentment and reminds me of the lesson God taught Deb and I about enjoying life.

Here are some pics of our plants. Enjoy!





above: a Ginko tree


3 comments:

  1. we will guard your hard work as much as we can while you're away so you can come back to a beautiful garden!!!
    HAVE LOTS OF REST, FUN, AND GOOD TIMES WITH DEB :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those daffodils are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete